THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Having that extra money can certainly make your life easier for example, it can be used to pay off any existing debt, save up for your emergency fund or a big purchase as well as giving you more flexibility with your income sources. Not only this, but developing multiple incomes is also an opportunity to learn new skills that you may not necessary use in your full time role.
Below are some common examples of developing an extra income.
- Find a part time job! There are many part time jobs out there to supplement your full time role. There are many vacancies available on Monster, Reed, Jobsite, etc. Working in a bar or restaurant is idea if you have previous experience and since many shifts are in the evenings and weekends, this will fit in nicely with your schedule.
- Sell your stuff–do you need to declutter your house of your clothes, books, etc? You can list and sell your stuff on Ebay, Craigslist for easy money! You can also definitely make money donating your blood, sperm, eggs etc. For men, the average sperm donation pays very well and you can even donate 2-3 times a week.
- Make more money at your current job–ask for a pay rise, get a promotion or look at ways to earn a bigger bonus.
- Invest in shares/real estate–this is a very effective way to build a passive income. There are no guarantees when it comes to investing, but it’s better to start sooner or later.
- Sell your skills- are you a fantastic baker? Do people love your desserts? Maybe you could provide cake, cookies, or cupcakes services to some corporate event in town or even to local houses in your area. Or if you are excellent at making crafts, perhaps you can sell your handmade items on Etsy or set up a stall in your local shopping centre?
- Serve your country as a reservist-did you know that you can get a job in any of the armed forces as a reservist? I have been a Royal Navy Reservist for almost 10 years now and as well as being paid and being flexible around your work schedule, you get to develop a lot of key skills that you could bring to your full time role. Pop into your local armed forces careers centre for more information.
- Become an Uber or Lyft driver-driving other people around can be a great way to earn money in your spare time. A driving licence is essential!
- Start your own blog–this is one of my favourite pastimes because I love to share my personal experiences with a wider audience when it comes to personal finance and health. You can earn an income through your blog via affiliate marketing-essentially referring visitors to buy products online and earn a small commission on each sale, or if you have a big following, via paid sponsorship.These are just some of many examples of ways that you can an extra income without giving your day job. What (legitimate!) ways have you found to make extra money? Comment below!
Like this post? Please feel free to share on Facebook or if you wish, you can save it to Pinterest to read later.