THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
1) Never stop learning-education should not stop when you finish college, university etc but should be a lifelong process. The world’s most successful people devote at least 30 minutes a day reading for example in order to improve their self-development. In fact, the legendary investor Warren Buffet himself openly confessed that he spends up to 80 percent of his day reading. There is an abundance of books and educational tools available at you dispersal. As an avid investor and entrepreneur, I regularly read the Wall Street Journal, Barrons and Fortune. Some of my favorite podcasts I listen to include The Tim Ferris Show, Entrepreneurs on Fire and The Tony Robbins Podcast. Moreover, I try and read at least one book a week.
2) Practice daily gratitude-when you have a daily focus on being grateful for the people and things in your life, you will immediately improve your mental health and well being. Studies have shown that practicing daily gratitude can improve your energy, alertness and optimism, key attributes to become more successful in your career and relationships.
3) Make exercise a daily part of your regime-As readers of my blog already know, I always try make exercise an essential part of my daily routine. I’ve always found that working out regularly clears my head, keeps me focused and sets me up for the rest of the day. Many successful business leaders make exercise a priority in their lives. Billionaire Richard Branson for example, says that his morning routine consists of waking up at 5 am to play tennis or run. Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook makes sure he works out at least 3 times a week, usually first thing in the morning.
4) Spend time with people you admire-there is a famous saying: ‘You are the average of the 5 people that you spend time with. Reach out to people who inspire you on social media. Look at ways to grow your personal network, then develop these relationships by regularly keeping in keep in touch. And ditch those people that are toxic and negative from your life.
5) Set goals-many successful people purse long term goals to help them achieve their aims. I regularly post my monthly goals relating to my blog and health and fitness for example and conduct an annual review to reflect on the year gone by as well as to plan for the year ahead.
6) Get up early-there is a quote: ‘the early bird catches the worm’ and this is especially true in this respect. Indeed, by waking up early, you are able to get a head start to the day by reflecting, exercising, or spending time with your loved ones before tackling the big day ahead. However, waking up early does not mean you have to sacrifice extra sleep. Getting at least 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is just as important. I personally use the extra couple of hours to read, listen to one of my podcasts or head to the gym.
7) Develop multiple sources of income-in this day and age you can never rely on just one source of income. On the other hand, with the age of the gig economy, digital technology and more and more flexible working practices, now is a good a time as any to earn an additional income. This can be from a side business (investing or real estate for example). In addition to my full time job, I also invest in equities and real estate plus I am a Royal Naval Reservist and in addition, I continue working on my blog.
What habits do you swear by that help you to become successful? Comment on the post below! Like this post? Please like and share on Facebook! Or if you wish to read this late, you can save it on Pinterest.