THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
One month into my blog, a new year, a fresh start, and a time to reflect on my December 2018 goals
- Practice daily gratitude-I’ve managed to do this on a daily basis and this has really helped with kickstarting my day. Gratitude is a powerful emotion and by starting your day in a state of gratitude, your day ahead will unfold in a positive state of well being. This process was made a lot easier via my Daily Greatness Journal that I purchased for Christmas. Not only is this journal undated, but it’s also a place where you can channel your daily thoughts, hopes, goals and desires. You can purchase your own copy if you wish, and if you use my referral link here, you can get 5% off the purchase price! In addition, if you’re not happy with the product, you’re entitled to a 100% money back guarantee.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night-this was a fail! I averaged about 6 hours a night so this month I must make an extra effort to get to bed earlier. And that means switching off all devices before bedtime!
- Limit junk food to twice a week-although I love my junk food, this was an easier goal to pass than what I initially thought, especially in the Christmas period.
- Go to the gym at least 4 times a week- I managed to keep this up for 3 weeks, but hey, the last week was the Xmas holidays, I have to let my hair down once in a while!
- Write a blog post at least 3 times a week-passed! Although this month I will try to focus more on quality not quantity, as well as push more towards promoting my blogs
- Learn about copywriting-passed! I did this via one of the modules as part of a 12 part digital marketing course that I purchased a while ago via Udemy, check it out here…..
- Read a beginners WordPress Course-didn’t really get a chance to do this, I’ve merely learnt by ‘doing’ in this case!
- Set up a sports podcast and website-another side interest of mine that I’m doing with a few friends, just bought the domain and website design is work in progress.
- Read at least 1 book a week: 3 great books here! Business Adventures by John Brooks, The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman and Side Hustle by Chris Guillebeau. Stay tuned for my book review coming up soon.
- Make £500 online-pass! I am currently teaching English online for a few hours a day to Chinese students when I get the time on TutorABC. I love this platform as it provides a great infrastructure, support and flexibility, plus the students I teach are very driven and motivated! If you want to generate decent side income whilst having fun at the same time, you can join up here…..
- Shave luxury expenses down to £300 a month-win! I’ve managed to really cut down on my expenses this month and not really given into temptations. Indeed, really drilling down on expenses is an essential component of managing your personal finances.
- Work on generating 1000 page views on my website-fail! I’m still trying to crack this but I am just looking at this as a learning opportunity for the time being.
- Generate 100 likes on Twitter and FB-win! 234 Twitter likes and 102 FB likes.
- Gain 300 followers on Instagram-fail! I’ve neglected this somewhat this so I will focus a bit more this month in this area.
January 2018 goals:
- Develop a daily journal habit
- Get more sleep!
- Limit junk food to twice a week
- Develop a daily exercise routine (with the exception of Sunday)
- Look at Pinterest to drive more traffic to my blog-1000 views a month
- Look at ways to monetise my website.
- Learn about SEO
- Continue progressing with the sports podcast
- Start to implement a strategy to pay off my one and only debt-my mortgage!
- 500 Twitter followers, 300 Instagram followers, 100 Pinterest followers.
What are your goals for January? Please comment below!