THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
In this article, I will show you how to set up a WordPress blog and website in just 5 minutes-its as simple and as quick as that! Indeed, there are many benefits of starting a WordPress blog, including utilizing your creative writing skills, learning new skills in addition such as marketing, SEO, graphic design, website design, not to mention the income opportunities from affiliate marketing for example! I personally recommend Bluehost for WordPress because of the following:
- Easy to navigate control panel-no coding experience required
- Premium customer service at a push of a button
- Expert, in house technical support provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unlimited websites, email accounts and domains, all in one account at an affordable price
- The option of a 30 day money back guarantee and the option to cancel at any time
In addition, if you sign up through this tutorial, you’ll get a special offer of shared hosting at $3.95/month for 36 months, as well as a free domain name for a year! However, you may wonder why I recommended a paid hosting site when you can get a cheaper or even a free option. The fact is, paying for your hosting such as via Bluehost is a MUST-the reason being that you can run your own adverts, affiliate links, direct advertising etc through Bluehost whilst it can be extremely difficult to do so on other free blogging platforms. This is because most advertisers and companies tend to run away from Blogger websites because they don’t view them as professional as self-hosted WordPress blogs, so that’s another big reason to use Bluehost.
How to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost
2. Select your plan. In my opinion, the ‘Basic’ Plan is all you really need. It’s only $2.75 per month through my link (due upfront in full) via the 36 month package, $3.95 per month on the 24 month package or if you sign up for a 12 month plan, then the price is $4.95 per month. $4.95 is still extremely affordable and it’s a great plan to choose (especially since you get a free domain at this price still!). If you are unsure about blogging, I would sign up for the 12 month plan as this is still a great price and very affordable for one year of blogging, plus, you will still receive the free domain name. The other item you may want to pay for when it comes to blogging is Domain Privacy Protection, which is only $0.99 per month. This is so that your contact information stays safe.
3. Choose a domain name. You can see what names are available via Namevine, and once you have decided on your domain name, you can enter it here or alternatively, transfer an existing one over.
3. Enter your personal details, package and payment information.
4. Install WordPress on Bluehost. After you have created your password, Bluehost would then guide you through exactly what you need to do in order to install WordPress. Firstly Bluehost will ask you to pick a theme. There are many free ones to choose from, or you can visit MyThemeShop for a wide range of premium themes for your blog. After this, in your cPanel, scroll to the section titled “MOJO Marketplace” and choose the “One-Click Installs” button, then click on the WordPress icon. Click on start, choose where you want to install WordPress, click on ‘Show advanced options’ to set up your own username and password for the install then click ‘Install Now’ after you have read the terms and conditions. You now have a WordPress blog! You can now enter your username and password to log on and then from here, you can start controlling everything to do with your WordPress site, such as creating pages, writing posts, and changing the appearance.
Some additional pointers:
- Click on ‘Posts’ on the left hand side to add and create new posts
- Click on ‘Media’ to add an image
- Add items to your sidebar or footer by going to ‘Appearance’ then ‘Widgets’.
- Click on ‘Appearance’ on the left-hand side when you are logged into your WordPress website and click on ‘Themes to see whatever theme takes your fancy. Another option would be to buy a pre made blog design such as through MyThemeShop.
- I would also recommend checking out the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course by Michelle Gardner, who earns over $50,000 a month through affiliate marketing and shares her exact strategy and tips in this very informative online course. You can check it out by clicking here.
Like this post? Please feel free to share or post this on Facebook and Twitter or if you’d like to read it later, you can save it on Pinterest.